Finite element analysis in geotechnical engineering
The course consists of a balanced mixture of lectures and hands-on computer analyses with CESAR-LCPC finite element software.
This new course focuses, even more than in previous years, on soil behaviour and the determination of material parameters. After a brief introduction on the finite element method, the course will concentrate on some practical applications of the finite element method encountered in day-to-day engineering practice, e.g. foundation, excavation and tunnel analyses.
- Gain insight in the workings of finite elements and get started with CESAR-LCPC graphical user interface.
- Learn good-practice in finite element modelling and gain skills in 2D and 3D model building.
- Learn how to determine material parameters from standard test results.
- Leave the course with a powerful capability for solving both routine and complex geotechnical engineering problems.
Who should attend:
The course will benefit engineers either personally involved in or managing geotechnical analyses:
- Geotechnical design engineers.
- R&D engineers.
- University students and professors
Exercises and case studies are based on the software CESAR-LCPC, the 2D and 3D finite element package. This user-friendly program has been designed for the deformation and stability analysis of underground works and geotechnical structures. Its intuitive and highly interactive graphical interface allows modelling tunnels as well as foundation, excavation or embankment problems.
- Good-practice in finite element modelling.
- Basics of finite element theory.
- Determination of material parameters for linear analysis.
- Non-linear solution methods.
- Determination of material parameters for non-linear analysis.
- Groundwater modelling
- Phased analysis.
- Phased embankment construction case study.
- Soil-structure interaction.
- Contact analysis.
- Deep excavation case study.
- 3D modelling.
- Mesh generation by extrusion or super-elements.
- Tunnel intersection case study.
- Pile group case study.
- Slope stability case study.
To ensure offering top-quality instruction, the number of trainees is deliberately limited to 4 per session.
Participants are selected on a first-come first-served basis.
The registration fees rise: 1100 €HT / day on customers site (travelling expenses in addition).
The registration fees rise: 1380 €HT / person on itech site (3 days).
Payment requested by check upon receipt of invoice.
COURSE CANCELLATION POLICY
Cancellation by Itech:
We reserve the right to cancel the training session and postpone it to a subsequent date in the event of an inadequate number of enrolees or any other event beyond our control
Cancellation by a participant:
In the event of cancellation within 2 weeks of the session's first day, 30% of the total amount will be deducted from the reimbursement. Under all circumstances, someone else may take the place of the absent enrolee.
COURSE INFORMATION AND PROGRAM NOTES
Address : Tour Orion 12-16 rue de Vincennes 93100 Montreuil
Phone number: +33 (0) 1 48 70 47 41
Fax number: + 33 (0) 1 48 59 12 24